WNG Seminar Event
"Solar Energy Heats Up: Financing Deals in the US and Europe"
News Release: October 29, 2008
On Wednesday, October 29, 2008, the Washington Network Group convened this seminar for WNG Members and non-member guests. The event featured an expert panel presentation and discussion on solar energy investment and growing demand in the United States and top European markets. Our panelists examined the market outlook for 2009, the effect of the recent financial crisis, and government subsidies as drivers of solar investment. Our formal program was preceded and followed by networking among colleagues. To see our original invitation, click here.
• Tony Clifford - Standard Solar, Inc., President
• William Lee - SunEdison, Vice President Project Finance and Corporate Development
• Tom Morton - Pillsbury Winthrop LLP, Partner
• Marcus Schmidt - Invest in Germany, Inc., Director
• Scott Sklar - The Stella Group, President (moderator)
"Everybody on the panel was great - thank you for taking the time."
- President, The Stella Group, Ltd.
"WNG demonstrated its usual quality and flair in conducting the solar energy program, so congratulations on another excellent program."
- Senior Adviser, AmCham Germany
"I met some interesting people and may have a bit of new business as well."
- President & CEO, Standard Solar Inc.
"Thanks for an interesting presentation yesterday!"
- Reporter, Greenwire
About WNG Technology Roundtable:
This special event is held under the auspices of the WNG Technology Roundtable, which supports leaders in the technologies industry. We support our constituents by convening business networking opportunities and content-driven programs that address issues of interest across technology sectors.
For more information about this event, please contact seminar director Chris Cather.
This event was generously hosted by Merrill Lynch. For more information about sponsorship opportunities: click here
This event was attended by approximately 90 people. Our annotated list of registrants includes:
• AdamsGrayson • American Solar, Inc • Arlington Economic Development (AED) • Allegiant Group • American Chamber of Commerce in Germany • Andrews Kurth LLP • Astrance • Bailey Law Group, PC • Bernstein Global Wealth Management • BP • Capital Advisors Corporation • Caribbean Renewable Technologies • Castlebay Group LLC • Center for Strategic and International Studies • CompTIA • Duvall Global Consulting, LLC • Electricite de France International North America (EDFINA) • Embassy of Poland Trade & Investment Section • Export-Import Bank of the U.S. • Gerben Law Firm, PLLC • Global Medical Travel • Global Sun Energy Corp • Greenwire • Harris Commerce, LLC • Hogwood PLLC • Hunton & Williams LLP • IAESTE United States • Information, Inc • IrieCasa • ITD Associates • International Technology & Trade Associates, Inc (ITTA) • Maryland Energy Administration • Meso America Development Group • Montgomery McCracken • National Associates, Inc • National Capital Companies • NMR Consulting • Office of Europe, U.S. Commerce Department • Pragmatics • RMA • Sheppard, Mullin, Richter and Hampton LLP • Shere Associates • Sinautec Automobile Technologies LLC • Soft Edge • Solar Panels Plus • Standard Solar, Inc • Strategic Counsel, LLC • Stuart G. Meister & Associates PLLC • Syndicus, Inc • Taproot Capital • Terrawell Energy Group • The Cohen Group • The Litchfield Group, LLC • U.S. Department of Energy - Solar Energy Technologies Program • Washington Solar Energy LLC • Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC • World Bank Group • and many more...!
This event was held at Merrill Lynch Conference Center, which is located at 1850 K Street, NW, in Washington, D.C.
Questions: Contact the WNG Office