Meet the International Counselors - Poland
"Doing Business in Poland"
News Release: May 11, 2006
On Thursday, May 11, 2006, the Washington Network Group and the International Gateway convened a business briefing and networking reception to examine investment and export opportunities in the Polish market. Presentations and prepared collateral materials provided attendees with tangible advice and specific recommendations that companies can use to pursue business in Poland.
Following panel presentations and Q&A time (90 minutes), there was a networking reception ~ beer and wine, and hors d'oeuvres ~ held in the same space.
Special Thanks: We would like to thank Andrzej Gdula, Counselor for Economic Affairs at the Embassy of Poland in Washington, D.C. for his special assistance in making this event possible.
More About "Meet the International Counselors" Briefings
Regional Calendar - List All Events
Questions? Contact the WNG Office.
Our Original Invitation:
Please join the Washington Network Group and the International Gateway when we convene our next "Meet the International Counselors" briefing on overseas business opportunities - in Poland!
Meet the International Counselors - Doing Busness in Poland
Thursday, May 11, 2006
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
The Ronald Reagan Building
and International Trade Center
~ International Gateway ~
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20004
Venue directions: click here
Our next business briefing will examine investment and export opportunities in the Polish market. Presentations and prepared collateral materials will provide attendees with tangible advice and specific recommendations that companies can use to pursue business in Poland. This special event is convened within the WNG's International Roundtable.
• Zbigniew Kubacki, Embassy of Poland - Minister-Counsellor, Economic & Commercial
• Jay Burgess, U.S. Department of Commerce - Office Director, Central & Eastern Europe
• Charles Griffith, Smithfield Foods, Inc. - Assistant Vice President
• Francis Skrobiszewski, U.S.-Polish Trade Council - Director
• Stephen O'Connor, Warsaw Business Journal - former publisher, founder (moderator)
Poland - The Heart of Europe:
• Location: Geographical center of Europe. Excellent access to 500 million consumers in Western Europe and to 250 million consumers in Central and Eastern Europe.
• Human resources: Large population - 38.2 million, half of it is under 35 years. Young, flexible, educated and mobile workforce. Second place in Europe in terms of number of students.
• Stability and Safety: Member State of the EU, OECD and NATO. Important U.S. ally and strategic partner.
• Natural resources: Big deposits of hard and brown coal, copper, sulfur, zinc, lead, silver and rock salt. Main agricultural crops: wheat, rye, barley, potatoes, sugar beets and fodder crops. Organic fruits and vegetables.
• Economy: Success story of economic transformation, solid economic growth, low inflation, low interest rates, low corporate taxes, business and technology clusters, foreign direct investments, and Special Economic Zones.
• Booming Sectors: Automotive, aviation, biotechnology, construction, food, computers, consumer products, service centers, financial services, and tourism.
• R&D Profile: Biotechnology, information technology, nanotechnology, energy, electronics, environment.
Our briefing format includes moderated panel presentations and Q&A time (90 minutes), followed by a business networking reception (beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres).
This event is convened under our "Meet the International Counselors" monthly briefing series. The WNG's partner for this program is the International Gateway, an initiative of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
Embassy of Poland
U.S. Commercial Service's Export Assistance Centers serving Washington, D.C., Maryland & Virginia
Early Registrants Include:
• Association for Competitive Technology • Ausmerica • Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ • The Boeing Company • C3EX - PolishExchange • Charles F. Day & Associates • The Coca-Cola Company • Congressional Quarterly • Connexio • Defense Information Systems Agency • Dynamic Technical Staffing • EndeavorConnect • Embassy of Poland • The Eurasia Center • FreedomWorks • Froehling & Robertson, Inc. • Gap International, Inc. • GCO Consulting • Hogan & Hartson • IBM Corporation • Institute For Partnership Solutions • International Investor • International Monetary Fund • Kaleidoscope Group • Lockheed Martin • Microbotics, Inc. • Pennhurst • Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman • Smithfield Foods • The Society of the Plastics Industry • Start Media • U.S.-Polish Trade Council • U.S. Department of Commerce • U.S. Department of Transportation • U.S. Export-Import Bank • Virginia Economic Development Partnership • WorldCell, Inc. • and more...
Register Online Now: click here.
WNG Members: $30 in advance (online) / $40 at the door (payable by cash or check only)
Non-Members: $40 in advance (online) / $50 at the door (payable by cash or check only)
Trade Mission to Poland & Czech Republic:
Virginia companies from all sectors are invited in a Trade Mission to Poland and the Czech Republic, June 19-23, 2006. Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) will organize pre-screened business appointments and networking opportunities for your company. For more information, please see this web site or contact WNG Member Patricia Codescu, VEDP International Trade Manager, at 703-506-1031 or via email.
Questions? Contact the WNG Office.