WNG Seminar & Reception
"The Power of Data: Without It, You're Just Another Lobbyist with an Opinion"
News Release: June 20, 2007
On Wednesday, June 20, 2007, the Washington Network Group convened a special seminar and reception, which was co-hosted by the American League of Lobbyists (ALL) and Women in Government Relations (WGR) and was designed for government relations professionals in the greater Washington, D.C. region. This reception came under the auspices of the WNG Government Roundtable, and it presented a professional development and networking opportunity for both professionals and companies to increase awareness of their services. To see our original invitation, click here.
Gone are the days when campaign contributions were enough to influence decisions of policymakers. With 24/7 news coverage and constituents scrutinizing every vote on the Internet, today's lawmaking process is more transparent than ever. Effective advocacy calls for powerful facts and figures to support your issues. This panel of experts will examine the power of data from several perspectives, including the content supplier, consumer, translator, user, and the press.
Our Panel of Experts:
• Patrick J. Cleary - Fleishman-Hillard, Senior Vice President and Director, Digital Public Affairs
• Jeanne Cummings - The Politico, Lobbying & Money Correspondent
• Nancy McLernon - Organization For International Investment, Senior Vice President
• Robert S. Walker - Wexler & Walker, Chairman / Former Member of Congress (R-PA)
• Michaela Platzer - Content First, LLC, President (moderator)
• American League of Lobbyists (ALL)
• Women In Government Relations (WGR)
"Thanks for putting together an insightful and substantive program. Lively, engaged, and often humorous speakers."
- President, Cyber Security Industry Alliance
"My compliments again on an excellent program yesterday. All of the speakers were first-rate. I found the information from the Organization for International Investment especially interesting."
- Senior Policy Advisor, USAID
"Thought the event last night was fantastic!"
- Product Development Manager, Congressional Quarterly, Inc.
"Great event yesterday!"
- Senior Client Services Manager, SmartBrief, Inc.
"Thanks for the great program yesterday - it was informative and refreshing!"
- Capitol Hill Office, Aristotle
"Thanks so much. Glad it worked out so well!"
- President & CEO, Organization for International Investment (OFII)
Attendees: The event was attended by approximately 60 people. Our annotated list of registrants includes:
• Acclaro Growth Partners • AJ Fritz & Company • American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) • American Chamber of Commerce in Germany • American Electronics Association (AeA) • American Gas Association • American Heart Association • American League of Lobbyists (ALL) • American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR) • American Veterinary Medical Association • Aristotle • Asbell Consulting Services • Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting (ALPFA) • BGH&T • Booz Allen Hamilton • Canadian Embassy • Capital Partnerships • Columbia Books • Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) • Confederation of British Industry (CBI) • Content First, LLC • Corning • CQ • Cyber Security Industry Alliance • DC Government • Democracy Data & Communications (DDC) • Deutsche Telekom • e-advocates • EndeavorConnect Executive Search • European Commission Delegation • Fannie Mae • Fleishman-Hillard • Grant Thornton Public Sector • IEEE-USA • International Crisis Group • International Investor • International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) • JLWA • Latin Intelligence Corporation • Library of Congress /NLS • Lockheed Martin Corporation • Masaoka & Associates, Inc. • Media Research Center • Miller/Wenhold Capitol Strategies • National Association of Shell Marketers • National Breast Cancer Coalition • NMFN • Organization For International Investment (OFII) • Patri, Inc. • Peabody Energy • Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) • PPL Corporation • Pragmatics • RF|Binder Partners • Soft Edge • The Politico & Politico.com • The Space Foundation • TransAtlantic Business Dialogue (TABD) • Unilever • Wexler & Walker • Women in Government Relations (WGR) • Women in International Trade (WIIT) • and many more...
Questions: Contact the WNG Office