WNG Insiders Luncheon
"Who Cares for Transatlantic Relations Anyway? New Challenges, Old Faces?"
News Release: October 5, 2004
On Tuesday, October 5, 2004, the Washington Network Group convened a WNG Insiders Luncheon with guest of honor Jan-Friedrich Kallmorgen, Managing Director of The Atlantic Initiative / Atlantic-Online, visiting us from Berlin, Germany.
This Members-Only event was limited to 16 participants and took place at The Metropolitan Club in Washington, D.C.
As detailed in his Curriculum Vitae below, Jan Kallmorgen has made his career as a political advisor in Berlin. He is quite familiar with Washington, D.C., as well, having studied international politics at Georgetown University and worked here.
Jan offered comments at the outset of our meeting, and then had an informal discussion with us over lunch.
Mr. Jan-Friedrich Kallmorgen - Curriculum Vitae
• Atlantic Initiative, Managing Director, Berlin. Since February 2004
• FischerAppelt Kommunikation, Project Manager Country PR, Berlin. Since October 2003
• European Advisory Group GmbH, Senior Consultant, Berlin. 2003
• Goldman, Sachs & Co., Private Wealth Management, Associate, Frankfurt. 2000-2002
• AT Kearney, Global Business Policy Council, External Consultant, Alexandria, Virginia. 2000
• Arthur Andersen, Global Corporate Finance, Intern, Washington, D.C. 1999
• Merrill Lynch, International Private Client Group, Summer Associate, New York, New York. 1999
• The World Bank, Office of the German Executive Director, Intern, Washington, D.C. 1999
• Free Lance Journalist, Hamburg, Bonn, Berlin. 1992-1998
• Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, M.S.F.S. 2000
• Freie Universitaet Berlin, M.A. in History. 1998
• Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universitaet Bonn, B.A. in History and Political Science. 1995
Washington Insiders Program
This special event was convened under the WNG's "Washington Insiders" program series, which is designed to provide meaningful opportunities for WNG Members and our guests to develop their professional and business networks in the Greater Washington Region. Our attendees included representatives from the corporate, investment, policy, and government sectors.
The Metropolitan Club was made available through the courtesy of Bill Stokes.
See Our Next Washington Insiders Event
Contact the WNG Office
or phone: 703-351-5089