WNG Business Seminar & Networking Reception
"Doing Business in Turkey: Trade & Investment Opportunities"
News Release: March 1, 2012
Follow @WNGnews on Twitter!
On Thursday, March 1, 2012, the Washington Network Group convened a panel of experts for our WNG International Roundtable on Doing Business in Turkey. This seminar extended our series on the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa). Our formal program was followed by a networking reception.
This special event was convened under the auspices of the WNG International Roundtable, which supports leaders in the international arena, including the private, public, and independent sectors. The reception presented a networking opportunity for professionals working on international development, international trade policy, and international business initiatives. To see our original invitation, click here.
• Amb. James Holmes - American Turkish Council - President & CEO
• Abdullah Koten - Turkish Embassy - Chief Commercial Counselor
• Ryan Barnes - U.S. Department of Commerce - Turkey Desk Officer
• Marcia Wiss - Hogan Lovells US LLP - Partner, Corporate & Middle East Practice Groups
• Cynthia Bunton - WNG International Roundtable - Chair & Panel Moderator
About this Program:
Our program on Turkey examined current business and economic conditions, and highlighted investment and export opportunities in this growing market. Presentations and prepared collateral materials provided attendees with actionable advice and specific recommendations that companies can use to pursue business in Turkey.
• Arpin Group, Inc • Arlington Economic Development (AED) • Baker Donelson • Bank of America • Burdeshaw Associates, Ltd • Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists of Turkey (TUSKON) • Conte Consulting • CRBi, LLC • Deloitte Consulting, LLP • Earth Unlimited Commodities Solutions, LLC • EarthWalk • Economist Intelligence Unit • Export-Import Bank of the U.S. • Gerson Lehrman Group • Global Suppliers & Traders, LLC • Grant Thornton International • Harris Commerce, LLC • Haval Gida • Hogan Lovells US LLP • Ideal Innovations Inc • Infuze International • International Investor, LLC • Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey (ISPAT) • ITD Associates • ITT Exelis • Koeppen, Elliott & Associates, Ltd • Lease Group Resources, Inc • Leo A Daly • Lockheed Martin • NTELX • Omega • Raytheon • Schreiber Translations, Inc. (STI) • SteedPetro LLC • StrategiConneX International, LLC • TenPearls • The Wolf Group, PC • Turkish Industry and Business Association (TUSIAD) • TurkishNY • U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) • U.S. Department of Commerce - International Trade Administration • USDOC Northern Virginia/DC Export Assistance Center • U.S. Department of State • U.S. Government Accountability Office • U.S. Trade Development Agency (USTDA) • UPS • Yenigün Construction Industry and Commerce Inc • Zara Law Offices • and many more...
Interested professionals should join our WNG Middle East SIG's LinkedIn group and WNG Europe SIG's LinkedIn group.
We are pleased to have had the American-Turkish Council as a supporting organization.
The WNG is very fortunate to have the support of Hogan Lovells US LLP in Washington, D.C.
WNG events are professionally managed by Sonia Harris of Harris Commerce, LLC.
Questions: Contact the WNG Office