WNG Business Seminar & Networking Reception
"Doing Business in Belgium: Trade & Investment Opportunities"
News Release: September 27, 2012
Follow @WNGDC on Twitter!
On Thursday, September 27, 2012, the Washington Network Group convened a panel of experts for our WNG International Roundtable on Doing Business in Belgium. This seminar extended our series on important overseas markets (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa, Turkey). Our formal program was followed by a business networking reception.
This special event was convened under the auspices of the WNG International Roundtable, which supports leaders in the international arena, including the private, public, and independent sectors. The reception presented a networking opportunity for professionals working on international development, international trade policy, and international business initiatives. To see our original invitation, click here.
• H.E. Jan Matthysen - Embassy of Belgium, Ambassador
• Edward F. Schiff - Sheppard Mullin, Administrative Partner
• Ellen S. House - U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of European Country Affairs, International Trade Administration
• Bertrand Vandepitte - PriceWaterhouse Coopers, Director, Belgium Tax Desk (New York)
• Lucantonio Salvi - Sheppard Mullin, Partner, Corporate Practice (Washington, DC & Brussels)
• Cynthia Bunton - WNG International Roundtable, Chair & Panel Moderator
Also in attendance were representatives from:
• Brussels Invest & Export
• Flanders Investment & Trade
• Wallonia Export & Investment Agency-AWEX
About this Program:
Our program on Belgium will examine current business and economic conditions, and highlight investment and export opportunities in this important market. Presentations and prepared collateral materials will provide attendees with actionable advice and specific recommendations that companies can use to pursue business in Belgium.
• American World Services • Ariadne International • Arlington Economic Development • Brussels Invest & Export • CGI Federal • Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe • CRBi, LLC • Crowell & Moring LLP • EndeavorConnect Search • ExportDC • FedEx • First International Resources, LLC • Flanders Investment & Trade • Harris Commerce • Helikon.net • HSBC Bank • Invicta Business Consulting • Jennifer Schaus & Associates • Mistry Enterprises Inc • MK Technology • Modern Technology Solutions, Inc (MTSI) • Overseas Private Investment Coprortaion (OPIC) • Point1 Investment Solutions • PriceWaterhouse Coopers (PWC) • Priority Resources Inc • PRIOS International • Progressive Commercial Finance • Sharretts Paley • Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP • SteedPetro, LLC • The Athena Group • The Washington Center • The Wolf Group • TW Consultant • Tyson Consulting • U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) • U.S. Chamber of Commerce • U.S. Department of Commerce • U.S. Department of State • U.S. Government Accountability Office • U.S. Small Business Administration • Umicore USA Inc • Wallonia Export & Investment Agency-AWEX • Washington Post Digital • Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc • and many more!
Interested professionals should join our LinkedIn group: WNG International Roundtable.
We are very pleased to have had the Embassy of Belgium in Washington, D.C. as our event partner.
The WNG is very fortunate to have Sheppard Mullin in Washington, D.C. as our venue partner.
WNG events are professionally managed by Sonia Harris of Harris Commerce, LLC.
Questions: Contact the WNG Office