WNG Insiders On-Site - New America Foundation
On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, the Washington Network Group convened a Washington Insiders On-Site event at the New America Foundation in Washington, DC.
This special Members-Only briefing is convened to provide meaningful opportunities for WNG Members to develop their professional and business networks in the Greater Washington Region.
The New America Foundation (NAF) is a Washington DC-based public policy organization whose purpose is to train and support the next generation of public policy intellectuals, and to develop a new set of political ideas based on innovative and pragmatic solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. Believing that neither political party has succeeded in offering a compelling public philosophy to guide America in the 21st Century, the New America Foundation seeks to reshape the public debate by promoting outstanding individuals and ideas that transcend the political spectrum.
The New America Foundation's purpose is twofold: its Fellows Program offers financial, professional, and intellectual support to exceptionally promising political writers, thinkers, and practitioners; while its Strategic Initiatives are designed to stimulate a broader involvement of public policy intellectuals by promoting new collaborative projects, conferences, working groups, and policy documents. For more information, please see: www.newamerica.net.
An impressive array of NAF senior staff joined us for this special event:
• Steve Clemons, Executive Vice President
• Michael Calabrese, Director, Spectrum Policy Program and Common Assets Program
• Ray Boshara, Director, Individual Asset Building Program
• Phil Longman, Sr. Fellow, NAF and former Sr. Editor, US News & World Report
• Barry Lynn, former Editor, World Business Magazine and Co-Director, Global Economic Policy Project
• Karen Kornbluh, Former Deputy Chief of Staff, Department of Treasury and Director, Work/Family Program