WNG Chairman's Forum
"Going Independent: Creating and Building a Consulting Practice - Session I"
News Release: November 6, 2013
On Wednesday, November 6, 2013, the Washington Network Group held a boardroom session under the auspices of our WNG Chairman's Forum, which convenes special events with outstanding leaders on compelling topics of interest to our Washington Network Group membership.
Our discussion focused on building and growing an independent consulting practice. We addressed the most common topics for those just starting out, as well as considered ongoing realities and concerns for those with practices well underway. Our conversation was co-moderated by established consultants and small business owners who address these issues every day:
• Howard Clare, Realtor at The Clare Distinction
• Fred Diamond, Principal at DIAMOND Strategic Marketing
• Margaret A. Ferry, International Communications Consultant
• Lorelei Harloe, Principal at Ascend Communication LLC & WNG Board Member!
"This was a great event and my intro to WNG. Glad to take part and grab some awesome tips."
- Freelance writer and editor, health writer, social media strategist @MelEdits.com
"I really enjoyed the roundtable yesterday. Thanks so much for telling me about it. Very helpful tips and advice from some really amazing people."
- Owner, Frederick Communications
"Thanks all for a great session. That really could have been a day-long workshop!."
- Independent PR/Communications Professional
"You affirmed much of what I've been doing (e.g., putting myself out there among people who need my services, following up, being resourceful as well as a resource). You also stressed the importance of establishing relationships with prospective clients so that cold calls become warm calls, an approach that I'm going to take."
- Plan Language and Web Usability Consultant, KG Communications
See our original event invitation for more details.
Many thanks to Carr Workplaces in Washington DC for supporting the WNG as our venue partner! To explore workplace solutions with our partner, please contact Lauren Johnson via email.
LinkedIn - Join us!
Facebook - Join us!
Twitter - Follow us @WNGnews
Questions: Contact the WNG Office